Whale Tales returns for its 16and year, connecting whale enthusiasts and the global marine science community with international researchers, creatives and conservationists for a one-of-a-kind virtual experience, March 26-27, 2022.
Whale Tales is presented annually by the Whale Trust, a Maui-based whale research and education organization, in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua. The 2022 Whale Tales virtual program was designed to allow viewers from all parts of the world, at all levels of interest and curiosity about whales and the ocean planet we share.
The Whale Tales virtual program begins at 11:00 a.m. HST, featuring an educational exhibit, two-hour live lectures and panels of presenters each day, an educational children’s library, on-demand presentations, and interactive experiences for attendees of all ages.
Registration is mandatory. The participant in Whale Tales:
- Learn about the latest scientific and creative discoveries in the field from the experts themselves through live event streams and on-demand presentations;
- Connect with local organizations working to understand and protect the ocean, including Hawaiʻi Wildlife Center, 4Ocean, Maui Ocean Center, and more;
- Explore a 4D whale necropsy to learn about a whale’s anatomy, snorkel inside the Hawaiian Islands Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary, and watch humpback whales nursing from the whale’s perspective;
- Participate in a silent auction showcasing experiences and artifacts that directly support whale research efforts in Hawaiʻi;
- Visit a library of learning resources in the event’s Keiki corner, including video lessons, tips for budding students, and downloadable activities;
- Hear from creatives, artists, photographers and filmmakers how they use art to inspire the discovery and protection of whales and the ocean.
The Whale Tales Virtual Event Registration Pass is available now at whaletales.org and includes access to the event site for over 30 days after the streaming weekend, as well as an exclusive Earth Day presentation and closing panel taking place on Saturday, April 23, 2022. .
The mission of Whale Tales is to provide the public with insight and knowledge about whales and the marine environment.
Discounts for students, educators and kama ‘āina are available. If you face a barrier to participation, submit a custom request at whaletales.org to request a discounted entry.
The 16th Annual Whale Tales Program is presented in partnership with The Ritz-Carlton Maui, Kapalua and made possible by numerous sponsors and supporters. This year’s main and main sponsors are Makana Aloha Foundation, George and Marie Weis and Lindblad Expeditions/National Geographic.